You might be thinking: what else can I do while I’m in Toronto for Semiofest 2017? Here are some of our favourite things to see and do in the city!
1. Take the elevator to the top of the CN Tower. Yes, it’s touristy, but it’s the best way to see the whole city. Better, still, have the prix fixe dinner at the revolving 360 Restaurant and watch the city go by.
4. Shop till you drop on Queen Street West, cited as one of the coolest neighbourhoods in the world
5. Take a ferry to Ward’s Island and walk around the charming cottages of people who live in a carless village right across from the city. Have lunch at The Rectory Café and then hang out at the beach for the afternoon
6. Check out Canadian and International art at the Art Gallery of Ontario . Then have lunch in nearby Chinatown or on Baldwin Street, a charming row of shops and restaurants hidden away a few blocks north of the Art Gallery.
9. Check out the vibrant Distillery District, home to shops, restaurants, artists’ studios and the largest best-preserved collection of Victorian Industrial Architecture in North America. You can sample organic lager made on site at Mill Street Brewery or groove on hipster Mexicana at El Catrin
10. And, for the ultimate Canadian experience, learn all about our National Sport at the The Hockey Hall of Fame